Ajwain Honey عسل زهرة اجوان
Raw & Cold-Extracted
Regular price Rs.750
NECTAR SOURCE: Ajwain Flowers.
CONSISTENCY: Smooth, moderately runny.
COLOUR: Light golden.
TASTE: Pleasant aroma with sweet herbal notes.
PROPERTIES: Ajwain Honey is high in anti-fungal, antioxidant and antimicrobial activity, therefore it is an instant remedy for a stomachache. If taken with warm water, it is very effective in treating recurrent cold, indigestion and stomach acidity
Ajwain honey is produced by the honey bees which collect nectar from the Ajwain (or Bishop’s weed) flowers.This light golden coloured honey is harvested from the interiors of Waziristan hills and has a mild herbal sweet flavour.
Ajwain flowers grow wild and uncultivated in the North - West frontier of Pakistan and they blossom in early spring. During this time, the honey produced by honey bees is called Ajwain Honey because bees take their primary nectar from Ajwain flowers.
Our beekeepers are trained and certified in the art of cold-extraction of honey to EU Standards.
Why we can not sell our honey cheaper?
- We do not mix this honey with other cheap ingredients in order to bulk up the honey. This is pure honey. There are no additional ingredients.
- We do not heat our honey in order to extract it more easily. Yes, we spend more time and energy manually extracting the honey- because we want to keep our honey raw with those amazing health benefits.
- We do not filter our honey. So this honey has natural bee pollen, micro pieces of propolis and bee wax, all of which benefit your health.
- We do not use our bees for commercial pollination. Our bee farm is located in a wild place, so our honey does not have any pesticides or herbicides or other harmful chemicals.
- Any real beekeeper will tell you how much work is required with bees to get each jar of honey. If you have bees, then you just work, work and work.
- We do not use any chemicals in order kill pests found in the hives, nor do we use chemicals in the winter time in order to help the bees survive until spring. If you do your research you will find that 90% of beekeepers use chemicals on bees.
All the honeys we sell are raw, meaning they are not heated and pasteurized, and are only lightly filtered.
This helps to retain that fresh from the hive taste and all the corresponding health benefits. Raw honey will tend to crystallize, some naturally do this quicker than others. If you find your honey starting to crystallize, gently warm it on the stove with the sealed glass jar in a pan of warm water.
This slow heating will remove the crystal without altering the honeys flavor or destroying the natural enzymes that make honey healthy.
We spend a lot of time, effort and resources towards training and development of our beekeepers to International Standards.
We are UAE Food Municipality and Pakistan Standards for Quality Control Authority (PSQCA) certified company. It is illegal to sell honey in Pakistan without PSQCA certification.
Once harvested, honey samples are sent to an independent laboratory in Islamabad. This laboratory is called Honey Research Institute operating under NARC.
A second batch of samples is sent to our internal laboratory which is registered with PSQCA. In our state of the art laboratory, we check honey of adulteration through various tests, such as:
- Electrical Conductivity
- Ash Test at 600C
- Thermal Stability Test
- Glucose and Fructose Test
- Pollen Density Test
- HMF Test
- Sucrose Adulteration Test
We carry out these tests and prepare reports as per the SOPs of Quality Services International (Germany) requirements. Our test reports are accepted worldwide for an accuracy up to 3 decimal places.
Before packaging, we randomly send our batches to Quality Services International (Germany) Laboratory and National Food Lab (UAE).
We also spend a lot of time, effort and resources towards training and development of our beekeepers to International Standards. All our beekeepers are certified from our training academy. This is why, each time you order, we guarantee you a quality which is second to none.
Tap below to watch the video:
In order to view Lab Reports of all other variants, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org