Ajwain Honey عسل زهرة اجوان
NECTAR SOURCE: Ajwain Flowers.
CONSISTENCY: Smooth, moderately runny.
COLOUR: Light golden.
TASTE: Pleasant aroma with sweet herbal notes.
PROPERTIES: Ajwain Honey is high in anti-fungal, antioxidant and antimicrobial activity, therefore it is an instant remedy for a stomachache. If taken with warm water, it is very effective in treating recurrent cold, indigestion and stomach acidity
Ajwain honey is produced by the honey bees which collect nectar from the Ajwain (or Bishop’s weed) flowers.This light golden coloured honey is harvested from the interiors of Waziristan hills and has a mild herbal sweet flavour.
Ajwain flowers grow wild and uncultivated in the North - West frontier of Pakistan and they blossom in early spring. During this time, the honey produced by honey bees is called Ajwain Honey because bees take their primary nectar from Ajwain flowers.
Our beekeepers are trained and certified in the art of cold-extraction of honey to EU Standards.
Why we can not sell our honey cheaper?
- We do not mix this honey with other cheap ingredients in order to bulk up the honey. This is pure honey. There are no additional ingredients.
- We do not heat our honey in order to extract it more easily. Yes, we spend more time and energy manually extracting the honey- because we want to keep our honey raw with those amazing health benefits.
- We do not filter our honey. So this honey has natural bee pollen, micro pieces of propolis and bee wax, all of which benefit your health.
- We do not use our bees for commercial pollination. Our bee farm is located in a wild place, so our honey does not have any pesticides or herbicides or other harmful chemicals.
- Any real beekeeper will tell you how much work is required with bees to get each jar of honey. If you have bees, then you just work, work and work.
- We do not use any chemicals in order kill pests found in the hives, nor do we use chemicals in the winter time in order to help the bees survive until spring. If you do your research you will find that 90% of beekeepers use chemicals on bees.
All the honeys we sell are raw, meaning they are not heated and pasteurized, and are only lightly filtered.
This helps to retain that fresh from the hive taste and all the corresponding health benefits. Raw honey will tend to crystallize, some naturally do this quicker than others. If you find your honey starting to crystallize, gently warm it on the stove with the sealed glass jar in a pan of warm water.
This slow heating will remove the crystal without altering the honeys flavor or destroying the natural enzymes that make honey healthy.