Black Forest Honey عسل الغابته السوداء
NECTAR SOURCE: Wild Juniper Flowers, Cinnamon Flowers and Lavender Flowers.
CONSISTENCY: Smooth, viscous, rich and moderately thick.
COLOUR: Dark amber.
TASTE: Aromatic flavours that are typical of highlands and mountains with distinct cinnamon and lavender notes.
PROPERTIES: Particularly recommended for respiratory diseases, improves blood circulation, relaxant for the nerves and helps improve the sleeping cycle
Organic Black Forest Honey has been extracted by our beekeepers from Juniper Tree Forest located north-east of Ziarat Valley, Balochistan - Pakistan.
These forests are considered to be one of the worlds largest, oldest and extremely slow growing, drought resistant at an elevation of 2,000m to 3,500m. Therefore, they were often termed as a "living forest fossil".
Honey bees collect their nectar from Juniper and Cinnamon flowers, which blossom the on trees, whilst the lavender flowers are found on the surface of the forest.
Lavender and Cinnamon Flowers are known for therapeutic benefits towards stress relief and improving one's sleep cycle. Juniper flowers are extremely essential towards various respiratory diseases.
It is very rich in minerals, iron and copper. The fact that this honey is raw and unpasteurised adds into its value, allowing you to experience this beautiful honey in all its glory.
"It has a unique, rich flavour, you can discover lavender, hint of caramel with a slightly smoky juniper tree aroma."
There is no use of pesticides in the surrounding areas so please be assured that this honey has come from the highest quality of organic nectar of the Juniper, Cinnamon and Lavender blossom.
Our beekeepers are trained and certified in the art of cold-extraction of honey to EU Standards.
Why we can not sell our honey cheaper?
- We do not mix this honey with other cheap ingredients in order to bulk up the honey. This is pure honey. There are no additional ingredients.
- We do not heat our honey in order to extract it more easily. Yes, we spend more time and energy manually extracting the honey- because we want to keep our honey raw with those amazing health benefits.
- We do not filter our honey. So this honey has natural bee pollen, micro pieces of propolis and bee wax, all of which benefit your health.
- We do not use our bees for commercial pollination. Our bee farm is located in a wild place, so our honey does not have any pesticides or herbicides or other harmful chemicals.
- Any real beekeeper will tell you how much work is required with bees to get each jar of honey. If you have bees, then you just work, work and work.
- We do not use any chemicals in order kill pests found in the hives, nor do we use chemicals in the winter time in order to help the bees survive until spring. If you do your research you will find that 90% of beekeepers use chemicals on bees.
All the honeys we sell are raw, meaning they are not heated and pasteurized, and are only lightly filtered.
This helps to retain that fresh from the hive taste and all the corresponding health benefits. Raw honey will tend to crystallize, some naturally do this quicker than others. If you find your honey starting to crystallize, gently warm it on the stove with the sealed glass jar in a pan of warm water.
This slow heating will remove the crystal without altering the honeys flavor or destroying the natural enzymes that make honey healthy.