Orange Blossom Honey عسل زهرة ابرتقال
NECTAR SOURCE: Orange Citrus flowers.
CONSISTENCY: Smooth, moderately runny.
COLOUR: Light golden.
TASTE: Gentle sweetness with refreshing citrus notes and a delicate hint of fresh orange zest.
PROPERTIES: This honey is extracted by honeybees that take their nectar from Orange flowers so its rich in vitamins, especially Vitamin C. It is recommended towards healing ulcers, antispasmodic, sedative. Works against insomnia and nervous excitement.
This Orange Blossom honey is fresh from the groves and this year's harvest was one of the best we've had.
Many people falsely assume that orange blossom honey is made by combining oranges and honey; however, it is actually the flowers of the orange tree that makes this honey what it is. The unique fragrance makes it an unforgettable honey.
Orange blossom honey comes from the fragrant blossoms of the sweet orange tree. Buds begin forming in late January or early February, and the trees come into bloom in April. As it takes many months for the fruit to ripen, you can often see new blooms and ripe fruit on the tree at the same time. Orange Blossom Honey has a very agreeable and delicate aroma. This year's Orange Blossom is exceptionally light with a delicate citrus notes.
Use it to sweeten your tea or coffee. The honey is extracted straight from the hives without applying any heat - we call it Cold-extracted. Once extracted, we do not filter the honey. It is bottled into Raw form.
What are some orange blossom honey benefits?
There is a wide array of orange blossom honey benefits, and actually, you do not need to consume the honey to reap all of its benefits. Here are some of them:
- This variety of honey is loaded with natural antioxidants that have anti-inflammatory, anti-allergy, anti-carcinogenic and immune boosting properties.
- Zinc, boron, manganese, magnesium, calcium, selenium, copper, potassium and sodium are all healthy minerals found in this honey.
- It has healing properties, and is an easy and safe choice for a minor wound and burn treatment.
- It contains anti-bacterial properties that can be used to fight a range of pathogens. It can soothe a sore throat and treat a cough.
- It can help to regulate blood sugar levels, as it is low on the glycemic index.
- It can help athletes improve their recovery time due to its ability to help the body maintain its glycogen levels.
- It can be paired with other ingredients to make organic beauty products to help moisturise the skin and hair.
Are there any potential side effects?
Although it is low on the glycemic index and contains only natural sugars, those with diabetes should still be careful with the quantity in which they consume this honey. We recommend honey in moderation as part of a healthy diet and an active lifestyle.
Our beekeepers are trained and certified in the art of cold-extraction of honey to EU Standards.
Why we can not sell our honey cheaper?
- We do not mix this honey with other cheap ingredients in order to bulk up the honey. This is pure honey. There are no additional ingredients.
- We do not heat our honey in order to extract it more easily. Yes, we spend more time and energy manually extracting the honey- because we want to keep our honey raw with those amazing health benefits.
- We do not filter our honey. So this honey has natural bee pollen, micro pieces of propolis and bee wax, all of which benefit your health.
- We do not use our bees for commercial pollination. Our bee farm is located in a wild place, so our honey does not have any pesticides or herbicides or other harmful chemicals.
- Any real beekeeper will tell you how much work is required with bees to get each jar of honey. If you have bees, then you just work, work and work.
- We do not use any chemicals in order kill pests found in the hives, nor do we use chemicals in the winter time in order to help the bees survive until spring. If you do your research you will find that 90% of beekeepers use chemicals on bees.
All the honeys we sell are raw, meaning they are not heated and pasteurised, and are only lightly filtered.
This helps to retain that fresh from the hive taste and all the corresponding health benefits. Raw honey will tend to crystallise, some naturally do this quicker than others. If you find your honey starting to crystallise, gently warm it on the stove with the sealed glass jar in a pan of warm water.
This slow heating will remove the crystal without altering the honeys flavours or destroying the natural enzymes that make honey healthy.