Sidr (Beri) Honey عسل السدر
Simply the great food
Regular price Rs.2,600
NECTAR SOURCE: Wild Sidr (Beri) Flowers only.
CONSISTENCY: Smooth, viscous, rich and moderately thick.
COLOUR: Medium to dark amber.
TASTE: Robust with butterscotch & caramel notes.
PROPERTIES: Lowers bad cholesterol, strengthens immune system, good for athletes, elderly and pregnant women for its high mineral content.
Organic Sidr (Beri) - the mono-floral honey which comes from the bees that feed exclusively on the nectar of the wild Sidr (Beri) tree. This ancient tree grows uncultivated in the remote mountains surrounding areas of Pakistan and Afghanistan's tribal belt. The reason we harvest from this region is because this area hosts the world's oldest and largest Sidr (Beri) Tree Forest. The quality of this Sidr (Beri) Honey is so good that it has been rated the "best in the world" by honey connoisseurs at FoodEx 2016 held in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Sidr (Beri) Flowers © Simply the great food
If you love honey (and believe that honey is also a medicine) then you will love Organic Sidr (Beri) Honey. It is slightly expensive compared to the processed, treated varieties that have been de-natured and widely available in the market. Our honey is raw and cold-extracted. This means that honey is taken from the hives with no heat applied. Applying heat makes honey runnier and kills off the good enzymes. We do not blend a good variety of honey with a poor variety of honey to bulk the quantities and sell at a lower price. Our beekeepers are trained to harvest the finest quality only.
Sidr (Beri) Tree © Simply the great food
Generally, all raw honey is slightly acidic in nature (pH ranging from 4.0 to 6.0) however, Organic Sidr (Beri) Honey is an exception. It is has a pH value of 6.5 - 7.4 which is very close to human blood pH value (7.1). This means, it takes a matter of seconds to dissolve in our bloodstream, providing an efficient source of high quality energy, minerals and vitamins. This medical grade honey is popular amongst Olympic level athletes, consumed before high intensity work outs.
World's largest Wild Sidr Forest along the Pak-Afghan Tribal Belt. Simply the great food © 2020)
Our beekeepers are trained and certified in the art of cold-extraction of honey to EU Standards.
Why we can not sell our honey cheaper?
- We do not mix this honey with other cheap ingredients in order to bulk up the honey. This is pure honey. There are no additional ingredients.
- We do not heat our honey in order to extract it more easily. Yes, we spend more time and energy manually extracting the honey- because we want to keep our honey raw with those amazing health benefits.
- We do not filter our honey. So this honey has natural bee pollen, micro pieces of propolis and bee wax, all of which benefit your health.
- We do not use our bees for commercial pollination. Our bee farm is located in a wild place, so our honey does not have any pesticides or herbicides or other harmful chemicals.
- Any real beekeeper will tell you how much work is required with bees to get each jar of honey. If you have bees, then you just work, work and work.
- We do not use any chemicals in order kill pests found in the hives, nor do we use chemicals in the winter time in order to help the bees survive until spring. If you do your research you will find that 90% of beekeepers use chemicals on bees.
Honey is harvested by our trained and certified beekeepers under our supervision and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) of International Standards.
We spend a lot of time, effort and resources towards training and development of our beekeepers to International Standards.
We are UAE Food Municipality and Pakistan Standards for Quality Control Authority (PSQCA) certified company. It is illegal to sell honey in Pakistan without PSQCA certification.
Once harvested, honey samples are sent to an independent laboratory in Islamabad. This laboratory is called Honey Research Institute operating under NARC.
A second batch of samples is sent to our internal laboratory which is registered with PSQCA. In our state of the art laboratory, we check honey of adulteration through various tests, such as:
- Electrical Conductivity
- Ash Test at 600C
- Thermal Stability Test
- Glucose and Fructose Test
- Pollen Density Test
- HMF Test
- Sucrose Adulteration Test
We carry out these tests and prepare reports as per the SOPs of Quality Services International (Germany) requirements. Our test reports are accepted worldwide for an accuracy up to 3 decimal places.
Before packaging, we randomly send our batches to Quality Services International (Germany) Laboratory and National Food Lab (UAE).
We also spend a lot of time, effort and resources towards training and development of our beekeepers to International Standards. All our beekeepers are certified from our training academy. This is why, each time you order, we guarantee you a quality which is second to none.
Tap below to watch the video:
In order to view Lab Reports of all other variants, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org